The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Forum rules
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

Site Direction

Post by takyoji » Tue May 31, 2016 2:38 am

Occasionally I keep bringing up the idea of significantly revamping the website, but am unclear of what direction to take it.

As it is, I would really love to have a central werewolf community again, but I'm not sure if people are allergic to forums now or something. It feels as if most of the 'werewolf fandom' occurs on Twitter now (maybe Tumblr too, or something). If there already is something better made beyond my capabilities, then I'd be willing to just accept it and defer people to the 'better' alternative.

I keep wandering around and prodding various people for feedback, or if they'd be willing to contribute something to a new design, and I just can't get much out of anyone. I'm not even sure if people even seem interested in bringing the forum back to life, thus I usually don't get very far every time I feel the spurt of the energy to try and fix it.

To make it nice and shiny again would take at least 15-25 full hours of work, and a clear artistic direction, for a proper forum design (with maybe a few new features).

(As a footnote, not sure if a Telegram group chat would be relevant or not)
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)

Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Re: Site Direction

Post by Volkodlak » Tue May 31, 2016 10:12 am

well i m intrested in bringing forum back too life, but im not sure of others
Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

-Bhagavad Gita

Chris
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chris » Tue May 31, 2016 11:58 pm

I'm interested in bringing the forums back, too. I don't use twitter or tumblr, and forums allow for more structured discussions on various topics, and it's easier to moderate. Though I'm not much of a design guy, so I can't really help with a new design, unfortunately.

Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:31 am

Well i think this forum should be brought back too life first and then we can talk design changes.

-Bhagavad Gita

Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:17 pm

takyoji wrote: It feels as if most of the 'werewolf fandom' occurs on Twitter now...
Off topic: I am firmly convinced that Twitter represents the impending downfall of Western civilization.

Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.

Post by Meeper » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:31 pm

Uniform Two Six wrote:
takyoji wrote: It feels as if most of the 'werewolf fandom' occurs on Twitter now...
Off topic: I am firmly convinced that Twitter represents the impending downfall of Western civilization.
I can see it now... "Hash-tag Apocalypse" :P .

I don't really have the time to think about this, busy with other things. I'll chime in if I think of anything.

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:23 pm

Given the age of this site, I'm straight astonished it's still here at all. Most likely many members have forgotten that this site even existed-- I know I haven't posted anything in years. That said, it would not be a bad thing if it became active again, though you'd probably have to do outreach to other communities to get other people to show up.

Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:59 pm

Well, I think there's a bigger underlying problem. The site was really about discussing the "ideal" werewolf for the proposed Freeborn movie. Since that project seems to be forever lost in proposal-purgatory, there isn't a lot of interest. I guarantee if it suddenly looked like Freeborn was about to get green-lit, this place would pick up significantly.

And off topic a bit: Where did everybody go, anyway?
:?
Is there some other popular werewolf site I don't know about?

Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:44 am

Uniform Two Six wrote:And off topic a bit: Where did everybody go, anyway?
They went chasing pokemons in real life.

-Bhagavad Gita

Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:53 am

Oh my god... Please tell me that that Pokémon-zombie epidemic hasn't spread to Europe yet. We're all doomed!!! :zombiewolf:

Seriously, that is, like, the creepiest thing. I just finished running in the park (at like, 11 o'clock at night) -- sure enough there's literally hundreds of Pokémon-Zombies shambling around silently in the dark with their cellphones out.

Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger

Post by Grayheart » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:14 pm

Uniform Two Six wrote:Oh my god... Please tell me that that Pokémon-zombie epidemic hasn't spread to Europe yet. We're all doomed!!! :zombiewolf:

Seriously, that is, like, the creepiest thing. I just finished running in the park (at like, 11 o'clock at night) -- sure enough there's literally hundreds of Pokémon-Zombies shambling around silently in the dark with their cellphones out.
Well, I'm afraid to tell you, but it's already here - Pokémon-Zombies everywhere ... but for one thing at least you have to give credit to the developers: They managed to get a huge amount of the populace move on a regular basis ... something decades of health-education couldn't achieve (at least this is how I try to make sense of the activity ...)

As for The Pack: Yeah, it was all about 'The Perfect Werewolf' and Freeborn. It would really need some huge effort to get people back here without a driving force behind - and since we've discussed each and every aspect of all things werewolf, that leaves us with Freeborn - or another related project. Personally I miss the time of The Packs Heyday - the conversations were always fun and mindful exercise at the same time!
In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)

Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Grayheart wrote: They managed to get a huge amount of the populace move on a regular basis ... something decades of health-education couldn't achieve...
*grumble, grumble* Yeah, I guess... Still creepy, though.
Grayheart wrote: Personally I miss the time of The Packs Heyday - the conversations were always fun and mindful exercise at the same time!
Most of the werewolf topics trailed off because everyone sort of agreed to disagree. As for other topics, with all of the stuff happening in the world plus "The Donald" in the running for the White House, there's really no reason why this place should be as dead as it is.

Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger

Post by Grayheart » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:07 pm

Uniform Two Six wrote:
Grayheart wrote: They managed to get a huge amount of the populace move on a regular basis ... something decades of health-education couldn't achieve...
*grumble, grumble* Yeah, I guess... Still creepy, though.
Fully agreed - it's creepy as hell to me, but I think it also shows that our Hunter-Gatherer instincts are still there ... somewhat misled, but there, nonetheless.
Uniform Two Six wrote:Most of the werewolf topics trailed off because everyone sort of agreed to disagree. As for other topics, with all of the stuff happening in the world plus "The Donald" in the running for the White House, there's really no reason why this place should be as dead as it is.
Umm, speaking about creepy things ... "The Donald" is really creepy and I simply don't want to imagine he could possibly win ... entertaining this thought makes me feeling a cold shiver down my spine! Although I have the dark feeling it really could come true ... brave new world ...

As for The Pack: Well, it is/was a place dedicated to all things werewolf. It would need some huge rebranding effort to change it into a place of general conversation while still maintaining the Pack Spirit it used to have.
In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)

Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:14 pm

Grayheart wrote: Umm, speaking about creepy things ... "The Donald" is really creepy and I simply don't want to imagine he could possibly win ... entertaining this thought makes me feeling a cold shiver down my spine! Although I have the dark feeling it really could come true ...
Meh. I doubt it. Personally, I think that he's going to go down in the biggest landslide in recent American political history. He's running at 78% negative among women voters. He's lost the Black vote. He's lost the Hispanic vote. He's even (by alienating the conservative core of the G.O.P.) lost significant portions of the White-male vote. Bewilderingly, he's somehow managed to lose some of the Republican vote -- Meg Whitman just endorsed Clinton.

And that's just the popular vote. How he's going to win the Electoral College is totally mystifying.
:eyebrow:

Phoenix Ravenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sparky
Mood: Excited

Post by Phoenix Ravenwolf » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:06 pm

:roflmao:
wow this thread took a side track to tangent town :D (I shouldn't say anything.... my train of thought left the rails a looooong time ago)

As for this site... who knows, maybe something will come up and bring people's attention back to it.
http://phoenixravenwolf.deviantart.com/
So ... um... yeah...... hi

Gchat: mikeRavenwolf

Return to “The Pack- General Business”