Werewolves and PETA

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Post Reply
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 1257
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:36 pm
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Gender: Male
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent
Location: Ausfailia
Contact:

Werewolves and PETA

Post by JoshuaMadoc » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:03 am

So, from personal experience, this is what I've observed with werewolf stories and media:

Hunters: "We need to get out of this mess before the hunters find us and kill us all, they don't care who's who, Jesus Christ hates anyone who isn't human"

Government: "We need to keep ourselves hidden from the government or they'll take us all and put us in cages where they dissect us alive with rusty medical equipment without anaesthetics, or they'll have us blown to smithereens by the military, or they'll put us in glass houses with one-way mirrors where people can watch us like zoo exhibits"

Out of curiosity, I made a search in this forum about PETA, and I was quite appalled at the lighthearted jokes you all were making, thinking that PETA isn't of any threat whatsoever, even insinuating that werewolves WORK for PETA. Yes, because this compilation of reports of their activities doesn't make them sound like a much more legitimate and dangerous threat to werewolves than Hunters, the Government, and religious extremists combined:

Image

I'm personally convinced that animal activist organizations pose the biggest risk to werewolves, because it's hard to tell which one is genuinely for a noble cause, and which ones are national derivatives of PETA. You wouldn't be laughing when you find out that PETA stole your pups and is very likely carting them to a slaughterhouse.

User avatar
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:05 am
Gender: Male
Mood: Bored
Location: Slovenia

Re: Werewolves and PETA

Post by Volkodlak » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:18 am

JoshuaMadoc wrote:I'm personally convinced that animal activist organizations pose the biggest risk to werewolves, because it's hard to tell which one is genuinely for a noble cause, and which ones are national derivatives of PETA. You wouldn't be laughing when you find out that PETA stole your pups and is very likely carting them to a slaughterhouse.
For the bold text: well in my view werewolf is born in human form so they are called babys not pups plus it would be very hard for PETA to stole a baby if it cannot tell the diffrence between human baby and werewolf baby plus i do not think authorities and humans would like that PETA is stealing babys from hospitals even if werewolfs are public.

As for PETA and Werewolfs:
PETA deals with animals,but werewolfs are not animals, so conflict between PETA and Werewolf will be very rare and animal control would be far more ˝dangerous˝.
Image

JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 1257
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:36 pm
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Gender: Male
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent
Location: Ausfailia
Contact:

Re: Werewolves and PETA

Post by JoshuaMadoc » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:05 am

Volkodlak wrote:
JoshuaMadoc wrote:I'm personally convinced that animal activist organizations pose the biggest risk to werewolves, because it's hard to tell which one is genuinely for a noble cause, and which ones are national derivatives of PETA. You wouldn't be laughing when you find out that PETA stole your pups and is very likely carting them to a slaughterhouse.
For the bold text: well in my view werewolf is born in human form so they are called babys not pups plus it would be very hard for PETA to stole a baby if it cannot tell the diffrence between human baby and werewolf baby plus i do not think authorities and humans would like that PETA is stealing babys from hospitals even if werewolfs are public.

As for PETA and Werewolfs:
PETA deals with animals,but werewolfs are not animals, so conflict between PETA and Werewolf will be very rare and animal control would be far more ˝dangerous˝.
You seem to be neglecting the fact that Ingrid Newkirk, the leader of PETA, essentially made it law in the orgnanization that pit bulls should all be exterminated for the crime of existing, all because she was bitten by one. Not only that, but they've done things such as poisoning show dogs for being part of the event to begin with. You're overestimating PETA's sanity and intelligence, and all it takes is at least one of them in a van, mistaking a werewolf pup for a small to medium dog, and kidnapping them when the "owner" (parent) isn't looking, completely unaware that said parent may just be enraged enough to chase after the vehicle and cause significant amounts of damage that can also lead to a lawsuit aimed against the werewolf, as a secondary gambit that PETA can utilize. And that's not even getting to the part where Newkirk, if she ever found out that werewolves are real, could just make a new organization bylaw that all werewolves should be terminated in any way possible, and one of the possible ways of doing that is using their vast wealth to create falsified charges weighed on a werewolf family, and potentially drive them to destitution, if sending poachers won't work.

And the authorities are likely to be of little to no help at best, because they're either unable to stop PETA from doing what they're doing, or they don't give a s***, or they get bribes from PETA, because, again, PETA loves money, and has a lot of it as a result.

User avatar
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:05 am
Gender: Male
Mood: Bored
Location: Slovenia

Re: Werewolves and PETA

Post by Volkodlak » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:21 am

Joshua again Werewolfs are not animals in my view so PETA cannot do anything here.Saddly our views are very diffrent you view werewolf as seperate kind but for me Werewolf is still a human being with a condition and they spend most of time in form they are born in so human form and until puberty werewolf cannot change.
Image

JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 1257
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:36 pm
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Gender: Male
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent
Location: Ausfailia
Contact:

Re: Werewolves and PETA

Post by JoshuaMadoc » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:52 am

Volkodlak wrote:Joshua again Werewolfs are not animals in my view so PETA cannot do anything here.Saddly our views are very diffrent you view werewolf as seperate kind but for me Werewolf is still a human being with a condition and they spend most of time in form they are born in so human form and until puberty werewolf cannot change.
I'm not having different views to conveniently suit my own ends here. If you really want to know, I actually share the same personal opinions as you do; as a matter of fact, I feel that they're one step above humanity by privilege of, theoretically, being able to be human, wolf, or both at the same time.

The problem is that PETA isn't me, and considering PETA's modus operandi and past history, it's not above them to think shapeshifters are abominations, and that they should be exterminated at any cost, for whatever petty reason they have. What makes them just a bit more frightening is that they don't resort to outright violence - with money, they'd rather scheme and pick off unwanted elements slowly and methodically, while having corruption as a means of defense, itself an enormous and difficult opposition.

User avatar
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:05 am
Gender: Male
Mood: Bored
Location: Slovenia

Re: Werewolves and PETA

Post by Volkodlak » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:20 am

JoshuaMadoc wrote:I'm not having different views to conveniently suit my own ends here. If you really want to know, I actually share the same personal opinions as you do; as a matter of fact, I feel that they're one step above humanity by privilege of, theoretically, being able to be human, wolf, or both at the same time.
biologicaly they are above normal humans and some might behave as such.
JoshuaMadoc wrote:The problem is that PETA isn't me, and considering PETA's modus operandi and past history, it's not above them to think shapeshifters are abominations, and that they should be exterminated at any cost, for whatever petty reason they have. What makes them just a bit more frightening is that they don't resort to outright violence - with money, they'd rather scheme and pick off unwanted elements slowly and methodically, while having corruption as a means of defense, itself an enormous and difficult opposition.
Well why just PETA? i belive other more radical organisations would be no better. Besides if werewolfs are safe to live with us so rare attacks on humans and they have at least some control of their non-human forms most people may accept them or at least give them a chance to prove we can coexist together and in this case PETA could not get werewolfs exterminated secondly we are talking about sentient life not an animal life so peoples view would be alittle diffrent.
Even if PETA gets its way to exterminate Werewolfs it would not be able to becouse they have no authority in EU,Asia and Russia.
Image

JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 1257
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:36 pm
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Gender: Male
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent
Location: Ausfailia
Contact:

Re: Werewolves and PETA

Post by JoshuaMadoc » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:51 am

Volkodlak wrote:
JoshuaMadoc wrote:The problem is that PETA isn't me, and considering PETA's modus operandi and past history, it's not above them to think shapeshifters are abominations, and that they should be exterminated at any cost, for whatever petty reason they have. What makes them just a bit more frightening is that they don't resort to outright violence - with money, they'd rather scheme and pick off unwanted elements slowly and methodically, while having corruption as a means of defense, itself an enormous and difficult opposition.
Well why just PETA? i belive other more radical organisations would be no better. Besides if werewolfs are safe to live with us so rare attacks on humans and they have at least some control of their non-human forms most people may accept them or at least give them a chance to prove we can coexist together and in this case PETA could not get werewolfs exterminated secondly we are talking about sentient life not an animal life so peoples view would be alittle diffrent.
Even if PETA gets its way to exterminate Werewolfs it would not be able to becouse they have no authority in EU,Asia and Russia.
It's not just PETA. There are other organizations just as radicalist as PETA, the only difference is that those organizations are more limited to their own designated nations, and is far smaller in size, not to mention that PETA has an enormous amount of money, and a lot of backing from people all over the major powers.

Which brings me to another concern, which is that PETA isn't just limited to the Americas. It has worldwide support from people stupid enough to fail to realize that werewolves aren't just animals, but also people, or worse, precisely BECAUSE of that reason, they start crying abomination, and try to do their damnedest to try to hamstring the ones they find out about, in the hopes that they'll lure them out one by one, and have them sued to oblivion if they tried to silence PETA by force.

User avatar
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:07 pm
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Gender: Male
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.

Re: Werewolves and PETA

Post by Meeper » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:41 pm

The subject of PETA hasn't been on my radar, so I don't have much to offer by way of opinion or analysis, but it does strangely remind me of another thread, that being "What to do with people who know too much?"

It dawned on me a while ago that in a round about way, the "Bite them so if they tell anybody they'll be putting themselves at risk." could play out a few ways. My way, if I was bitten by a werewolf under the presumption that it would keep me quiet about the existence of werewolves, would be the worst mistake of the werewolf's life. Keep me quiet? I'd use my new werewolf status to prove to the world that werewolves incontrovertibly exist, and I'd like the local authorities to help me prosecute the one who bit me. I'll even help them test the capture and containment procedures.

Here's the twist though, which occurred to me after I responded to that thread, that is I would go on to become a sort of werewolf ambassador, because while I will reign hell down on the joker who infected me, I wouldn't harbour any malice to werewolves generally. Whether or not I or someone else who intends down the same path as me would succeed in making the world safe for werewolves is of course open to debate.

In the case of a PETA supporter on the other hand, well, biting them may actually shut them up, either that or turn them into the werewolf Antichrist.

Interesting topic this.

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 1257
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:36 pm
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Gender: Male
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent
Location: Ausfailia
Contact:

Re: Werewolves and PETA

Post by JoshuaMadoc » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:51 pm

Meeper wrote:It dawned on me a while ago that in a round about way, the "Bite them so if they tell anybody they'll be putting themselves at risk." could play out a few ways. My way, if I was bitten by a werewolf under the presumption that it would keep me quiet about the existence of werewolves, would be the worst mistake of the werewolf's life. Keep me quiet? I'd use my new werewolf status to prove to the world that werewolves incontrovertibly exist, and I'd like the local authorities to help me prosecute the one who bit me. I'll even help them test the capture and containment procedures.

Here's the twist though, which occurred to me after I responded to that thread, that is I would go on to become a sort of werewolf ambassador, because while I will reign hell down on the joker who infected me, I wouldn't harbour any malice to werewolves generally. Whether or not I or someone else who intends down the same path as me would succeed in making the world safe for werewolves is of course open to debate.
Understatement of the week. Imagine if the one bitten will use their affliction as an excuse to utterly wreak havoc on the world.
In the case of a PETA supporter on the other hand, well, biting them may actually shut them up, either that or turn them into the werewolf Antichrist.
STRONGLY leaning on the latter. Never ever trust someone like Ingrid Newkirk teaching people how to properly differentiate up from down and left from right.
Interesting topic this.
Damn right, it should be. It's about time werewolf fans stop clinging on to the same stupid idea that all werewolf hunters are basically evil versions of Bloodborne's protagonist, or that everyone in the gubmint employed Colonel Kilgores, Adolf Hitlers and Josef Mengeles, or that every religious person is ISIS or a Sovereign Citizen.

User avatar
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:05 am
Gender: Male
Mood: Bored
Location: Slovenia

Re: Werewolves and PETA

Post by Volkodlak » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:30 am

JoshuaMadoc wrote:Damn right, it should be. It's about time werewolf fans stop clinging on to the same stupid idea that all werewolf hunters are basically evil versions of Bloodborne's protagonist, or that everyone in the gubmint employed Colonel Kilgores, Adolf Hitlers and Josef Mengeles, or that every religious person is ISIS or a Sovereign Citizen.
Well you are right to a point becouse we do not know the truth or how would people react.
JoshuaMadoc wrote:Understatement of the week. Imagine if the one bitten will use their affliction as an excuse to utterly wreak havoc on the world.
Well i belive other werewolfs would stop him, but its possible for a person too go insane or evil.
Image

Kveldulf
Pack Member
Pack Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:18 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Werewolves and PETA

Post by Kveldulf » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:47 pm

I could also see PETA attempting to make lycanthropy as illegal as possible with the argument that "this is basically humans practicing a cruel and brutal form of hunting". Not necessarily logical, but these people aren't...and I certainly wouldn't trust any children, or pups if you like, of mine to them. Not even my adopted non-shifter, full-time canid pups, let alone any I'd actually sired.

I know a lot of people who go out in the woods with rifles in season who care an *awful* lot more about both animals and the environment than PETA does (out of season, I could see werewolves working closely - officially or undercover - with local Fish&Game folk to, ahem, *discourage* poachers, e.g. "give them the fright of their rotten little lives and make sure they'll never go into the woods again").

Post Reply